1.4.14

Decaying Dump

The Saatchi definitely inspired me to look into something more interesting which is mould, decay, deterioration which I think works perfectly with the themes in the 'Valley of the Dolls' books when the stars get to the end of their careers and are depressed alcoholics who have hit an all time low. Because of this I want to explore decay and the similarities it has with the rise and fall of fame as it starts all perfectly formed, well presented, fresh and new but then eventually over time and once neglected, can begin to shrivel up and change its colours to then end up mouldy and unable to go back to its old form. This interpretation intrigues me to further pursue the idea and look into mouldy fruit which I can play around with and hopefully transform later on as I still want to keep the glamour and fame involved throughout. 


No comments:

Post a Comment