23.3.14

Saatchi: Virgile Ittah

When I visited the Saatchi I was as always expecting to be inspired and love everything I came across as I have never been disappointed by any exhibition that has been on. When I went there was the 'Pangaea: New Art from Africa and Latin America' which was a great exhibition packed with graphic army paintings, boulders, and huge insects. 

What attracted me the most were the human wax sculptures upstairs which seemed perfectly formed from the head but seemed to deteriorate towards the bottom half of the body which inspired me so much for this project. 


The thought of 'deterioration' as a word and theme seems to work perfectly with what I am working towards or can become something more exciting and interesting. Looking at this sculpture alone springs millions of ideas to mind of how I can progress the theme of my project like the deterioration of the body alone can suggest the downfall of fame from good to bad. Therefore I might look in to decay and work out a way to involve it into this project which is an exciting new route for me.


Saatchi: Virgile Ittah - Dreams are guilty, absolute and silent by fire [own photography]



No comments:

Post a Comment