9.4.14

Pretty Cliches

Since this project is a mix of fame and misery with the helping of decay, I wanted to look at something more 'pretty' after working with plastic bags which are considered more 'trashy' ironically; therefore as cliché as it is I swiftly moved into flowers which I would never do but I thought the decaying of flowers are a beautiful transformation to include.

One of the reasons I am looking at florals is to gain some ideas to create patterns for potential laser cutting ideas as I'm considering to add some sort of laser cutting on the garment to add an elegant touch to the piece. However I'm not too sure that these floral illustrations are relevant/strong enough to be used for the laser cutting since they feel too simple and not extravagant enough and not inspired by them to create a cutting pattern but I do want to use the flowers somehow.


Although I may not use the florals for laser cutting I do appreciate how amazing the daffodil looks once decayed and I want to involve them somehow since they still hold the essence and idea of fame, of how gorgeous and lively it is at the beginning and eventually it becomes useless and helpless; so the metaphor is there but I just need to find a way of including it in my final piece. 






All own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment