27.4.14

Gems, Glitter and Mould

Intertwining both fame and decay together for this part was a enjoyable as I got to add some sparkle to rotten fruit and trash which will probably the best influence for this project as it is the perfect mix to begin the process of design development. The idea of glamming up garbage came from an image I found online of a rotten banana peel that had gems on the outside of the peel which was a great balance of good on the outside, rotten on the inside, which I was impressed by and inspired me to create something with similar a similar effect. 

With this in mind I knew I wanted to decorate the fruit in some way and glitter just seemed just the right amount of sparkle without a gem overload to create the right vibe. After glittering up the rotten fruit and having no clue on what to do  next, as I flipped though my sketchbook for more ideas I came across the Hirst trash page and immediately thought it would look great to stick these bejazzled mouldy fruit into the garbage and let art be art. I do wish I tried adding gems to the apple as covering it would've looked super sparkly and maybe more exciting in the garbage images; however the images still look just as effective and relevant and think the research outcome is successful for the journey I have come through.

http://www.tumblr.com/search/jewelled+banana

Own photography

Own photography

No comments:

Post a Comment