22.3.14

Highs and Lows

Keeping with the fame and misery I experimented with luxury leathers to sample with and create the contrast of both sides of the scale which dauntingly follows the main characters Neely, Anne, and Jennifer in Valley of the Dolls. 

Whilst at my work experience placement I managed to grab a few leather scraps which were being thrown away that I thought would work well with my concept of fame, luxury, popularity to misery, lows, torment. With those scraps I wanted to show the clear distinction between them by either glamming them up or ruining them. I done this by adding gems and jewels to the some and burning and tearing the other samples to suggest the difference in an obvious matter. 

Own sample photography

Own sample photography


Own sample photography


Own sample photography

I quite enjoyed putting the gems together and playing round with them since I've never worked with anything as feminine and sparkly which is why I mostly wanted to go down that route and slightly mix and explore a new aesthetic in this project. 

After sampling with the gems I begun using the gems to glam up and sharpen other pieces to kind of create a different feel on something that had a more sad appearance. 


  

Adding these gems almost brighten up and glamorise these miserable portraits which were originally album covers but couldn't find which band. Nevertheless I love the idea of playing about with creating different emotional connections and almost up-scaling images or fabrics to have a new appearance. 



No comments:

Post a Comment