19.3.14

Facing it

After visiting the Richard Hamilton exhibition at the Tate I was inspired to create portrait collages influenced by some of his work. I chose to do this as it linked well with the idea of looking into the lifestyles and 'many faces through fame' concept I had just looked into.

I knew I wanted to keep the collages glitzy but odd all at once because I want to separate the ups and downs of fame in most of what I will create. The glitter card is what helped keep the fame element in both collages because of the sparkle and glamorous connotations which come with glitter. I used images of the 'dolls' from the movies, cutting up their features to include into my collage such as the hair and eyes which I feel keeps the 60's vibe alive in both pieces.

The left collage is the one I feel more closer to the highs of fame with the diamond/jewelled mask and alluring eyes which represents fame in a more glossy way. Whereas the one on the right suggests a more depressing route with the drink being poured into the mouth with is a image I feel highly effective to the contrast I am trying to show. 

Using these collages I also created some prints for me to sample and play around with. Layering the images is almost a automatic route I go down whenever creating prints because I like mixing the scales and changing up the colours to create an interesting outcome. However because I feel my prints are almost repetitive and similar I have decided to maybe try a different technique for this project, or maybe only use print in a subtle way. 


Own collage photography



Own photoshop print screen shots

Own photoshop print screen shots

Own photoshop print screen shots

No comments:

Post a Comment