29.10.13

Nearing the end of the first lap.

Now that we have finished our fashion rotation we are now hit with the pressure of creating a final piece led from our project from over the past two months. It has been a wild and tiring past couple of weeks, and changing each week can definitely test your sense of organisation and commitment as no week can be classed as an 'easy' week; but I could easily pick my favourites from the bunch, that being print and knit.

Since print and knit were my favoured weeks I know I want to interweave these two mediums for my final piece to create a substantial outcome which represents my project and theme of identity clearly. Throughout my project I have been closely looking into hearts and genetics linking to my fathers illness which is something I am eager to include; and since my prints from the digital print week are formed of my heart illustration, I want to use them in some way whether through digital print or a physical accessory.  One thing I have had in mind was printing on to knit to combine different aspects of textiles into a single piece but I am not sure on whether to create my own knit of to simply put together different recycled knits to represent recycled genetics. 

I have two weeks left until the deadline and I'm confident with my project to lead me towards a substantial idea to build upon, hopefully combining all my ideas into one successful piece. I already have some idea's of where to shoot my piece, its just a matter of figuring out what my final outcome will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment