6.10.13

Digi-digi-digital print.

Being someone who has always been attracted to colours and prints, digital print week was the one I most looked forward to! The concept and process of prints and textiles excites me; and using Photoshop is something I love love love to experiment with as I love the basis of creating something totally new out of a single image, and learning new tools to progress is always a plus. So learning and creating prints based on our family history was a fun and rewarding personal experiment.

We started by learning the basics of crating print patterns as we learnt how do create patterns which repeat as well as drop repeat and using different tools such as cloning and how to control layers on Photoshop. At first, even though I've used Photoshop in the past I found it difficult to catch up as we were learning one thing after the other, which definitely challenged me memory wise as I couldn't note steps down but eventually once done I managed to get the hang of the new tools. 






With some pre-prepared Photoshop edited hearts I created some prints using the new pattern tools which was a great part of the learning process because we were finally able to create original prints. I used the tools to clone, chop, merge, distort and filter the prints in various crazy ways which kept on developing my ideas and patterns which eventually led me to a wild bunch of prints which had connections to different parts of me; genetics, family and background. I chose these three different sectors to keep the patterns totally different with unusual outcomes that relate to me but also with the mutual theme of grey-scale throughout which keeps a sense of cohesion within the prints as well as with my sketchbook.  




For the final print collection I presented it on a basic jumper design mixing and matching the prints to keep it interesting. Because I believe I'm more of a textiles/print person I usually tend to keep the shape of my garments simple but relevant to focus on what is most interesting to me; textile and print.  I honestly really enjoyed this week and can joyfully say that this has been my favourite week so far, but there's still knitting next week so we'll have to see how that goes first then I can honestly decide; although it'll probably be a very close shave.

No comments:

Post a Comment