21.9.13

Accessorise my paper heart.

The process of accessories week was quite a fun journey of exploration, creating a piece inspired by our special object that we were told to bring in. I chose my dream catcher which was gifted to me by sister so I thought it would be a fun personal object to work with.





From our single object we were told to draw, photocopy and create a mini sculpture which all worked towards our final accessory which we made at the end of the week. For the mini prototype sculpture I used the lines within the sketches to create a 3D card cube of lines and shapes which was a great start as I played about with the placement and appearance of it by placing it on the stand in different places which sited best. Even though I didn't quite want to use card for the mini prototype and would've preferred wire, I felt it was still a very successful piece which allowed me to challenge my comfort zone as I made something pretty substantial and I probably wouldn't have the final outcome without it which I am pleased with.  I also played with layers as I used Photoshop to explore the idea of negative spaces and to possibly influence a greater idea of which I believe it did. From these we created our final accessory of which I decided to create an extra large pendant for a necklace out of wire which has many lines in between. To have a connection with my mood-board I tried to make it in the physicality of a heart and the largeness of it was because of the link to heart failure which usually means having a larger heart than normal, which I thought would be an interesting creation and to hold a true connection throughout my project.








From my the collection of work I created this week my favourite has to be the layered Photoshop images as I feel they look professional and were a huge part of helping me move on to deciding on the shapes and make my sketchbook look a lot more varied in terms of mediums. I also feel my accessory collages were quite a fun task to complete as I enjoyed creating different accessories but I did find it difficult to come up with an almost unique idea each time as I felt I was quite limited with creativity at the time as I only had 3 collages by the end of it, however they were the best I could do and I'm pleased at how my final pendant turned out from the collage. Actually making the large pendant came quite easy to me as I felt using wire was an easy medium to get used to even though I've never used it before and as I kept going the more natural it became and the more I added the more it progressed and I'm extremely happy about the overall piece.






I feel like sometimes once I am caught in what I'm doing I work too fast and maybe rush my work therefore I feel I'm not allowing myself enough time to come up with more designs but I do think I can work on that by pacing myself slightly, however despite that I can have some strong ideas at times. This week I have explored different mediums with card to wire to create similar objects which feed off each others appearances with the clear connection; working with wire really got me interested in maybe using it in the future for a design since I believe it worked well for me.  I really did have a good time experiencing a different sector of the fashion world and feel that creating an accessory will help me be more creative and slightly more imaginative when it comes to designing and styling in particular.







No comments:

Post a Comment