24.5.14

OVERALL.

This project has been one hectic sleepless whirlwind which will definitely be a project to remember. The theme I chose was something that I have enjoyed progressing with from the beginning, looking at all the different ways that I can branch off from the Valley of the Dolls because the topic of fame and misery is so wonderful to work with.

Things that have influenced me immensely in this project would have to be looking at Damien Hirsts work in general thanks to my tutor who gave me the useful advise of looking up Hirst which I feel has definitely moved my research and project successfully forward and for the better which has lead to most of the decisions which all relate to my final outcome; things like creating the burn samples out of the plastic bags pushed me towards burning the chiffon for my final piece. I took some of his books out from the library and found his work so diverse and worked amazingly well with the different themes in my project from the flesh to the diamonds, trash to pills which have all inspired my work in different forms. 


Everything I done from sampling to organizing my sketchbook I have done by reflecting on my blog and sketchbook, even sketchbooks from past projects which always inspire me with new ideas and things to progress my project on with. This project has had me working back and forth attempting to create new and unique outcomes which I feel I completed  well enough for this project even though I did struggle with ideas at different points of the process but in the end created many different paths towards my final outcome.

Throughout the project I definitely did panic about the way my project was going and whether it was consistent enough throughout, and if I was going to finish on time; but somehow I managed to pull myself together and work even harder and work in a way that suited me better. I done this by completing two sketchbooks to enable confusion on my behalf; one for research and the other for fashion illustrations which I feel has strengthened my body of research all in all as the pressure to keep both books to a high standard was on. Also creating my garment seemed to challenge me greatly, seeing how I managed under pressure with no sleep and heaps to do was just an experience I will learn from as I initially gave myself two weeks to make, but with my time management being slightly off; I was only left with a week to make which put me behind but I managed to soldier through with the help of many cups of coffee. 

This whole project really was an eye opener for me as I have endured so much from creative blocks to having to resew a simple top five times, but it just shows that patience is key sometimes and things will eventually flow to you. I am impressed by my own ability to learn how to use a new software I had never even touched before to create a fashion film in just over a day to creating simple mouldy fruit. Overall I am pleased with my project as a whole as I feel the theme is strong as well as the final outcome with it; I will always see the project as unfinished but nevertheless completed to the highest of my ability and hopefully makes sense to others as it does to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment